Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting for a phone call.

I wonder how many hours I have waited for "the phone call". From a boy when I was growing up, from my sisters when they were close to labor, to a decision on a job, from our realtor when buying our house, and now waiting for the call thad Dora is ready to come home.
I don't know about you, but when I am "waiting" the rest of my world seems to slow or even shut down. I can't see past the call. Sometimes I lay awake thinking through every scenario, but honestly, I spend more time dealing with the disappointment than the joy. Why is it that its so hard for me to expect the best. To trust God....really trust him? I accept defeat before it even happens, then I am surprised when victory comes.
I really want to work on that. I have no reason to believe that at the end of the day, God hears me, knows me, loves me, and wants me to be happy. I just need to open up my hands and grasp tightly to this truth that I believe for everyone else. It is for me too. It is for you.
For this, I am truly grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment