Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family




They are all over my house, reminders of family. Pictures, artwork, gifts, things left behind....everywhere.

I am always very mellow after a big family gathering. That is where I'm at right now.

We celebrated Thanksgiving this weekend. I took on too many projects the week before,
stayed up late finishing everything, made an itenerary, planned every detail....and nothing went as planned. VERY typical. Yet, there feels like so much didn't happen. Things that I look forward to...crave. Precious conversations, kids making crafts, endless coffee sipping, perfect family portrait, etc. Those things never made it past the itenerary. But, I think more than anything, I am out of touch with reality when it comes to these things. There were up to 7 kids under 10 in the house, 2 dogs, tired parents, too much food, and many varying burdens that everyone carried in the door.
In a way I miss the days of late night euchre tournaments, free-flowing schedule, and the much anticipated long nap. But, I think its time to embrace this season in my life. Chaos, loud volumes, messes, kids with endless energy, short and sweet adult conversations, and a non-existent schedule.

We did end up getting a picture....
...and made a lot of memories. Embracing this season one family event at a time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment